Work the World is a British company that specialises in arranging hospital based experiences for internation al healthcare students. We require a professional, experienced and energetic person to set-up and manage our newest programme in Yogyakarta.You will be responsible for hiring and managing a dedicated team of six staff, supporting around 150 international students undertaking placements at highly respected hospitals in Yogyakarta each year, and maintaining strong relationships with our partner hospitals. You will be supported by a Head Office team in the UK, and be expected to manage the day-to-day operations including the budget and accounts.This is a unique opportunity for a smart, energetic and driven person to work in an exciting and diverse role. The position comes with real scope for autonomy and decision making from the outset. The work is hugely rewarding, and will suit someone who is conscientious and eager to succeed, and motivated by new challenges and experiences.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage small established teams
- Graduate with excellent spoken & written English
- Knowledge and interest in the healthcare industry, ideally with some experience and/or knowledge of a hospital setting
- Overseas work experience and/or experience of working with foreigners
- Proven history of resolving crisis and complex situations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving ability and computer skills
- Experience with managing budgets and accounts
- Strong preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with foreigners in the tourist industry in a managerial position, and those with medical knowledge/interest and experience.
- Age guide: 30-45 years
Please email your CV and cover letter to :
Only applications submitted with CV and a cover letter outlining an understanding of what we do as a company, and why you would be a suitable and capable applicant will be considered.
Please refer to our website for further information about us :
Net starting salary range: 1,100,000 – 1,400,000IDR, depending on experience
Deadline for applications: 22/11/2019
Start date: January 2020